Rylee's TV Debut on Fox 10

Friday, March 27, 2009

Jordyn's 3D Animal Plant Cell Project



Better late than never, this was actually in February, I think! Sixth grade science had to do 3D cell projects and come up with their own ideas for them. Jordyn made a version of the cell I did my sophomore year at Mesa High and it turned out really well. We used 2 sheets of plexi-glass and siliconed a piece of weather stripping between the pieces of glass. Inside was different little objects that made up the nucleus, mitochondria, etc...then for the cytoplasm we filled it full of hair gel. It looked really cool! She had lots of fun making it and got lots of help from mom and Jamie! Oh, and of course, she got an A!

2 comments:

Our Grand Central Station said...

I seem to remember crazy drives to several different stores, rather late in the night for a sophomore's science project. Those days were fun, and glad to see the torch has been successfully passed. Great Job girls and Jamie. It is totally so awesome.

Jade said...

Great job JO!!